Sunday, October 20, 2013

Crazy Eight Brain Dump


  1. As I'm here in NJ, I only brought my work computer, which is beyond outdated when it comes to the Internet, and my iPad. I've been using the Blogger app but let me tell you, it has minimal functioning. I'm no genius because I just finally realized I could use the Blogger website on the iPad.
  2. If you need a good smile, take best friend 7-year-olds to a park. They are so innocent and full of laughter and it is contagious. If you don't happen to have a pair of kids on hand, watch Too Cute on Animal Planet. It's all about baby animals that are ridiculously adorable. 
  3. I forgot to put a quarter in the meter while I stopped for a bagel and I returned to a $20 ticket. Oops! I cannot get enough of NJ bagels though, they really are the best in the nation.
  4. I think tea kettles are adorable. Too bad I won't have one in my tiny apartment for some time because instead I will use the microwave for free. 
  5. I rode a bike for the first time in ages this weekend. I was rusty at first but the expression is true - I picked back up in no time. 
  6. Life is crazy expensive on an entry-level salary and student loans. I'm working my booty off to change that though. I even want to attend FinCon14! 
  7. I finally started watching Freaks and Geeks and this cast is insane. I'm pretty sure everyone got their big break from this show! Seth Rogan, Rashida Jones, James Franco, Jason Segal, and so on!
  8. I come home on Tuesday and as much as I've loved the east coast visit, I'm looking forward to getting back to my schedule and apartment. I've lined up babysitting jobs, fun outings with new and old friends, a book club to join, and a new place to volunteer right away when I'm back! It's about time I get life somewhat back on track!

2 comments:

  1. I am hopefully going to start volunteering somewhere new soon too. I am very excited.

    And what a bummer about the ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Freaks and Geeks when Eloise was a newborn (something to do all night!) I totally agree that it was amazing. I was sad when I finished the last one. Glad your trip out to NJ was fun--but boo on the ticket :/

    ReplyDelete